Last week I spent a few short days in New York City before heading home to sunny Florida! While there was no snow and some days it was a balmy 55 degrees, it was great to be in New York during Christmas. I love seeing all the holiday decorations and displays. As we have Christmas in Florida, it is nice to get a bit of a traditional Christmas experience. It was a great to catch up with friends and spend time in my favorite city!
- Dinner at East Pole with my Dad. We stay on the Upper East Side so the East Pole is our favorite restaurant when we want to be able to walk to dinner. Have you been to the East Pole yet? It is co-owned by the founders of another one of my favorites, the Fat Radish.
- I loved wandering through the streets and seeing all the different holiday decorations. Like these wreaths spotted on the Upper East Side.
- Lunch at Westville before heading over to the new Whitney Museum. However, newsflash the Whitney is closed on Tuesday (whoops!) So instead, my friend Isabelle and I decided to shop instead! We stopped in Warby Parker and I proceeded to leave eyeing a new pair of sunglasses, the Reilly. We then made our way to my favorite stationery shop, Greenwich Letterpress and then headed down to Soho with stops in Club Monaco, Madewell (I picked up this black and white tank) and Reformation.
- While we were in Soho I made a point of going to the Cuyana NY Holiday Pop Up. It is no secret that Cuyana may be one of my favorite brands right now: from their leather makeup cases, their wallets, scarves and more I would take it all! Even better, they were offering monograming right there in the store, you got to pick out your letters/message and have them monogram it right there in front of you. I picked up a few monogramed gifts and left with their Weekender Bag on my wishlist.
- Another Holiday Pop Up we went to - 73 Spring Shop. Which was bright with lots of pink and preppy to the max, a totally different feel than Cuyana but equally wonderful! The pop up was in the office space of Society Social and Inslee, but also included pieces from Ashley Brook Designs, Loren Hope jewelry and Persifor clothing. I walked out with an adorable Inslee gift in hand, but I can’t share yet because I don’t want to spoil the surprise for mom :)
- I met my cousin for lunch at the delicious vegan restaurant, By Chloe. (I last talked about the restaurant here.) This time I ordered the Taco Salad, but I think next time I will get the guacamole burger again. So yummy!
- I wandered down Madison Avenue with a friend and we stopped in Calypso St. Barth. I have this fringe scarf in a camel hue (see in image below) and just love it, the pink color is also beautiful!
- I couldn’t be in New York without a few Soul Cycle classes as well as a walk in Central Park.
So there you have it, a quick few days in New York. No matter what, it is always to fast and there is always more to do! But luckily I will have lots more time in New York in the future after graduation. Do you all have any favorite spots in New York City?! Do share.