Happy Sunday and Happy Father's Day! A necessary shout out to all the dads out there. (Love you dad!) The celebrations continue today as it is the official First Day of Summer! Today is a beautiful day in the city, clear blue sky after a week of rainy days. A perfect start to the summer! Here are a few links around the web that caught my eye this week:
- I'm sure you have heard about the changes happening over at J.Crew? I'm intrigued to see how the recent changes of designers will effect the brands. I don't know about you, but it does seem like J.Crew could use a bit of a refresh. Lately I have been leaning more and more toward pieces from Madewell. (also check out this 'Letter to Jenna Lyons' for a little laugh.)
- My love for fiddle leaf trees/palm leaf prints is still going strong! For the home or in clothing, either works for me!
- Are you happy? I found this story a great reminder on the importance of true happiness in contrast to the life we think should make us happy.
- Do you keep a small bag of makeup in your purse for touchups? I was in need of some compact sized pieces for when I am on the go, so I turned to this natural brand for help. Cant wait for my order to arrive so I can try it out!
- I've been on the lookout for some casual maxi dresses for the summer, this grey one caught my eye.
- Before I packed up for New York I tried to clean out my closet and sent off all my pieces to be donated. Have you all heard of ThredUP? It is a great way to donate your unworn clothing and also potentially make a little $$. A few of my pieces have been selling fast...so does that mean I can buy something new?!
- Thoughts on tassels? I tried on this fun dress this weekend and really loved it...if only I had somewhere to wear it.
- Did you know that you can now keep up with Simply Elegant on Facebook?