Recipe: Roasted Maple Sesame Cashews
Sometimes I feel like I follow too many people on instagram. Does that ever happen to you? I find as I scroll through my feed, I dont always recognize each account that comes up. At times this leads me to think that I need to do a little clean out and edit down the accounts I follow. However, other times, an account I follow will surprise me. I might not be overly familiar with the person or brand but then one day one of their images catches my eye.
This is what happened to me last week with Shira Lenchewski's instagram. I don't recall how I initially found Shira's account, but boy am I glad I did. Shira is a nutritionist and dietitian who has been featured on many editorial sites, from Goop to Cupcakes and Cashmere. Not only does she have a wonderful instagram (@shira_rd) but she also has a blog that is full or inspiring, healthy and easy to prepare meals and snacks.
The kitchen is typically not my domain; my cooking skills leave a lot to be desired. Yet, I can usually make may way through a simple and straightforward recipe. So when I browsed through Shira's blog I was drawn to her Roasted Maple Sesame Cashew recipe. When I was in Vermont for college, I would make frequent visits to the local Co-Op Grocery Store and one of my favorite items was their homemade roasted maple nuts; the perfect sweet but healthy snack! But, now that I am home in Maine, I can no longer pick up my favorite snack from the local Co-Op.... So when I spotted a recipe for maple roasted cashews, I knew I should give it a try. And what is even better it take less than 30 minutes to make and you most likely already have the main ingredients in your pantry!
Keep Reading to View Recipe...
Roasted Maple Sesame Cashews
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp coconut aminos
- I dont always use this. If you dont have this in your pantry. Feel free to skip it and just use 2 Tbsp of coconut oil instead of 1 Tbsp.
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- pinch sea salt
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Toss the nuts in a bowl with the maple syrup, coconut aminos, coconut oil, sesame seeds and sea salt and combine.
- Place the nuts evenly on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Roast for 6 minutes. Take the pan out, flip the nuts and spread them out on the pan once again. Then continue roasting for 6 more minutes or until golden.
- Let cool before serving.